Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics assists students in developing proficiency, confidence, and fluency in mathematical knowledge and application of methods. The combination of conceptual knowledge and methodologies in Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics, such as research and modeling, provides students with the fundamentals for further academic study. Learners who complete Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics will be able to advance directly to Cambridge International AS & A Level Mathematics or an equivalent course.
The course is delivered at two levels, “Mathematics Core” and “Mathematics Extended”. We advise students to consult their teacher before making a final decision on the appropriate course. .
The course structure will differ for the year 10 and year 11 students.. Year 10 students will follow a content based curriculum, while year 11 students will focus on exam skills through completion of past papers, detailed feedback and exam skills.
The predominant aims of the IGCSE International Mathematics course are to enable students to:
- improve mathematical abilities and integrate them to other disciplines
- enhance problem solving skills
- develop patience, persistence and consistency while tackling mathematical problems
- cultivate a positive attitude toward Mathematics that stimulates enjoyment, builds confidence, and encourages passion towards the subject
- understand mathematics’ worldwide dimension, its cultural and historical relevance, and appreciate how it goes beyond assessment-based study
- create links between Mathematics and related subjects.
- develop a solid foundation of mathematical abilities for further study and learning in Mathematics.
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE International Mathematics courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE International Mathematics (0607)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in International Mathematics (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.