Students studying the Cambridge IGCSE Geography course will acquire a sense of place; through looking at the world around them on a local, regional, and global scale. Learners will investigate a variety of natural and man-made habitats, as well as some of the processes that influenced these creations. They will also examine how people interact with their environment and the possible problems that come with these interactions.
The course structure will differ for the year 10 and year 11 students. Year 10 students will follow a content based curriculum, while year 11 students will focus on exam skills through completion of past papers, detailed feedback and exam skills.
The predominant aims of the IGCSE Geography course are to enable students to:
- a grasp of geographical concepts on a local, regional, and global scale
- raise awareness of the environmental damage caused by the human kind
- an appreciation for the earth’s people, locations, landscapes, natural processes, and phenomena
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE Geography courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE Geography (0460)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in Geography (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.