The syllabus teaches students how to read, understand, and evaluate texts in English through the literature. Learners get a grasp of literal meaning, appropriate context, and deeper ideas or attitudes represented. They will be able to provide an educated, personal response to the subject they have studied. Students will also learn to recognize and appreciate the various ways in which writers use English to create effect.
The curriculum also encourages learners to investigate larger and more universal topics, developing a deeper knowledge of themselves and the world around them.
The predominant aims of the IGCSE English Literature course are to enable students to:
- enjoy working with literature
- comprehend and respond to literary writings in various formats, from different eras and cultures
- articulate their thoughts effectively
- understand the many methods through which writers create effect
- investigate the role of literature in comprehending issues of human concern.
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE English Literature courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE Literature (0475)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in English Literature (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.