IGCSE First Language Cambridge English is intended for students who speak English as their first language. The course enables students to:
- enhance skills of accurate, clear and effective communication, both in written and verbal forms.
- utilize a diverse vocabulary as well as proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- communicate effectively, with respect to the target audience
Learners are also encouraged to read widely, both for their personal enjoyment and to broaden their understanding of how English may be utilized. Cambridge IGCSE First Language English also fosters broad analysis and communication abilities such as inference and the ability to organize information and effectively convey ideas.
The course structure will differ for the year 10 and year 11 students. Year 10 students will follow a content based curriculum, while year 11 students will focus on exam skills through completion of past papers, detailed feedback and exam skills.
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE English First Language courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE English First Language (0500)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in English First Language (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.