The Cambridge IGCSE Economics course teaches economic theory, vocabulary, and concepts. Learners investigate the economies of other countries and how they interact. Knowledge regarding basic economic data and how to use economic analytical tools are also emphasized. Learners apply their economic knowledge to contemporary economic challenges one can face in the modern business world.
The course structure will differ for the year 10 and year 11 students. Year 10 students will follow a content based curriculum, while year 11 students will focus on exam skills through completion of past papers, detailed feedback and exam skills.
The predominant aims of the IGCSE Economics course are to enable students to:
- acknowledge economic concepts, theories through the use of correct terminology
- make use of fundamental economic numeracy and economic data interpretation
- communicate economic concepts accurately and coherently in written form
- apply their economic knowledge to contemporary economic challenges.
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE Economics courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE Economics (0455)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in Economics (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.