Studying Cambridge IGCSE Computer Science enables students to comprehend current and upcoming computer technologies, as well as the advantages and hazards associated with their use. It is an excellent preparation for the Cambridge International AS and A Levels and other professions relating to the field of computer science.
The course structure will differ for the year 10 and year 11 students. Year 10 students will follow a content based curriculum, while year 11 students will focus on exam skills through completion of past papers, detailed feedback and exam skills.
The predominant aims of the IGCSE Computer Science course are to enable students to:
- gain knowledge of the fundamental concepts of problem-solving with computers
- acquire knowledge on computer systems and subsystems, which are made up of further subsystems
- attain knowledge required to solve computer-based issues utilizing a high-level programming language
To be able to participate in our online IGCSE Computer Science courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, IGCSE Computer Science (0478)
Course Outcome:IGCSE in Computer Science (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.