The DP psychology course begins with an introduction of the three essential methods in explaining behavior: biological, cognitive and social. Students examine and evaluate information, concepts, theories, and research that have contributed to our understanding in these areas. The interaction of these approaches to studying psychology forms the foundation of a holistic and integrated approach to fully understanding mental processes and behavior.
The preeminent aims of the IBDP Psychology course are to:
- learn about the biological, cognitive and social variables that influence mental processes and behavior
- apply knowledge of biological, cognitive, and social variables influencing mental processes and behavior to at least one field of research
- comprehend various methods of inquiry
- grasp the significance of ethical practice in psychological research in general and use ethical practice in their own independent investigations
- encourage curiosity, creativity, and a lifetime love of learning.
To be able to participate in our online IB Psychology courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board:International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty