Economics is a fascinating and dynamic topic that enables students to attain an awareness of the complexity and interconnectedness of economic activity in a continuously changing world. The problem of scarcity is central to economic theory. The economics course at both SL and HL examines how these choices are made at three levels: producers and consumers in individual markets (microeconomics); the government and the national economy (macroeconomics); at an increasingly interdependent international level. The DP economics course allows students to investigate these models, theories, and fundamental ideas and apply them using empirical data to six real-world situations. Students will be able to grasp both the merits and limitations of economic models in describing real-world economic behavior and as a result of their own investigations. Students will develop knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes that will encourage them to act responsibly as global citizens by focusing on the six real-world issues through the nine key concepts (scarcity, choice, efficiency, equity, economic well-being, sustainability, change, interdependence, and intervention).
The preeminent aims of the IBDP Economics course are to:
- acquire a critical knowledge in a variety of economic theories, models, ideas, and techniques in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and global economics
- effectively utilize economic theories, models, concepts, and methods
- analyze economic data, to comprehend and engage in real-world economic challenges and problems confronting individuals and society
- acquire a conceptual knowledge of economic decisions at an individual and societal level
- comprehend the relationships, difficulties, and repercussions of economic decision-making.
To be able to participate in our online IB Economics courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board:International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
Assessment Information:The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty