Cambridge International AS and A Level Business builds a firm foundation for students regarding the core concepts of business and enables them to comprehend the key role it plays in society at large. In addition to developing a critical understanding of business organisations and dynamics, the course also encourages students to think critically and fully understand the decision making techniques used in the business environment. Human resource management, marketing, operations management, finance and accounting are all among the fields that an AS and A Level Business student will successfully complete.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level Business course are to enable students to:
- enhance their business related knowledge and skills, making it suitable for a potential further study in the subject field
- develop quantitative, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skillsdraw attention to the political, economical, ethical, legal, social and technological
- issues that affect or may be affected by larger corporate entities
- evaluate the relative influence of stakeholders on businesses
- evaluate the concept of value in terms of businesses and critically analyse different business organisations and the markets in which they operate
- comprehend the position of enterprise and the benefits this offers to society which can be separately undertaken in a local, national or international context.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Business to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level Business courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content: Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A level Business (9609)
Course Outcome: A level in Business (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.