A Level Cambridge International Mathematics fosters the development of a variety of transferrable abilities. These include the capacity to deal with mathematical information in addition to thinking rationally and independently, evaluating accuracy, mathematically modelling problems, analysing outcomes and reflecting on discoveries.
At AS level, teachers offer three options for Cambridge International AS Level Mathematics: Pure Mathematics only, Pure Mathematics and Mechanics, or Pure Mathematics with Probability and Statistics.
At A Level, teachers can also select from different routes depending on the choice of Applied Mathematics (Mechanics and/or Probability and Statistics)
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level Mathematics course are to enable students to:
- provide satisfaction and enjoyment while enhancing their mathematics knowledge and abilities in a way that fosters confidence
- comprehend mathematical basics and acknowledge the logic and coherence behind the subject
- develop a variety of mathematical abilities, particularly those that will allow students to utilize mathematical applications in the context of everyday events
- create links between the mathematical content taught and other subjects
- improve your capacity to analyze situations logically
- utilize mathematics as a medium of communication and express their ideas coherently through the usage of correct terminology
- acquire the mathematical foundation required for a future study in Mathematics or related subjects that follow a similar discipline.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Mathematics to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level Mathematics courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A2 level Mathematics (9709)
Course Outcome:A level in Mathematics (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.