The Cambridge International AS and A Level History course covers modern history in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The course builds on abilities acquired in the Cambridge IGCSE and fosters lifetime skills such as comprehending topics and themes within a historical context.
The focus is on historical knowledge in addition to the abilities necessary for in-depth historical research. As part of their studies, students gain an invaluable knowledge of cause and effect, continuity and change, resemblance and difference, and the ability to present historical evidence. At AS, students may choose between European, American, and international historical themes.
A Level students may choose from European, American, African, Southeast Asian, and international themes. Teachers will offer guidance on which time periods to cover, allowing them to design a course that reflects their students’ interests, or those most relevant to their local or regional context.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level History course are to enable students to:
- establish a foundation for a potential further degree of their choice relating to history
- create relevant links between different time periods and regions
- carry out investigations with a range of approaches to various areas of history and create diverse interpretations of specific historical issues subject to debate
- understand the nature and wealth of historical materials, as well as the methodologies employed by historians
- acknowledge key concepts such as cause and effect, similarity and difference, change and continuity.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE History to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level History courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A level History (9389)
Course Outcome:A level in History (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.