The Geography curriculum builds on abilities learned at the Cambridge IGCSE level. Learners broaden their content knowledge while honing their research skills, as well as their assessment and decision-making abilities.
The syllabus is broad and offers a wide range of pathways. For example , students can learn topics including hydrology, fluvial geomorphology, atmosphere, weather, rocks, weathering, population change and settlement dynamics. The syllabus allows students to choose from a wide variety of available options . The curriculum covers a wide range of habitats, from tropical to dry, and students can also study environmental management, global interconnectedness, and economic change.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level Geography course are to enable students to:
- raise awareness of the importance of geography in understanding and resolving modern environmental issues
- comprehend the fundamental aspects of physical and human geography, as well as their interrelatedness
- describe the causes and impacts of change in physical and human contexts through time and space
- comprehend the significance of scale in geography studies
- acquire an understanding of the nature, value, limitations, and significance of various approaches to analysis and explanation in geography
- enhance an understanding of and ability to utilize and apply suitable skills in practical areas such as fieldwork
- develop accuracy and impartiality while gathering, noting down, processing, demonstrating, analysing, and interpreting geographic data
- create a logical strategy to present an organized, clear, and evidence-based case.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Geography to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level Geography courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A level Geography (9696)
Course Outcome:A level in Geography (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.