Cambridge International AS and A Level English Language offers students the chance to study the English language and its applications in communication. Students will be encouraged to react critically to a wide range of texts in a variety of formats, genres, and settings, as well as to improve communication, reading, research, and analytical abilities.
Learners will acquire knowledge and comprehension of English language features and difficulties as a result of their studies, which will include the capacity to read and analyze content. Learners will also gain the ability to write clearly, correctly, creatively, and successfully for a variety of purposes and audiences.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level English Language course are to enable students to:
- create a critical and informed response to texts written for a variety of audiences in a range of formats, genres, and situations
- communicate the English language effectively, accurately and appropriately in their writing
- build interconnected reading, analytical, and research abilities
- improve an understanding of topics and strategies in English language studies
- build a solid basis for future language and linguistics studies
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE English to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level English Language courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A level English Language (9093)
Course Outcome:A level in English Language (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.