Cambridge International AS and A Level Economics offers students the opportunity to critique economic theories, analytically approach economic issues and evaluate economic data. Skills such as critical thinking, communication of evidence based ideas, application of clear judgement, and presenting information in a variety of formats will be attained over the two year course.
The syllabus covers a variety of diverse topics related to the field of Economics. Students will investigate price placement and government intervention, the causes and consequences of inflation and measurements of employment. Recent examples from the modern world will enrich the course content and extend students’ wider understanding. The theory of firm, market failure, macroeconomic policy and theory, and economic growth are also among the content focus.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level Economics course are to enable students to:
- enhance their economics related knowledge and skills, making it suitable for further study in the subject field
- engage in the study of Economics by critical thinking, presenting information, analysing data, creating correlations and evaluating information as an economist
- critically analyse information regarding global economic and social changes
- establish the practice of using appropriate reference specific to Economics
- communicate ideas in written form, with use of statistics, graphs and other data sets
- grasp and comprehend economic language, concepts, approaches, and principles.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level Economics courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content:Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Economics (9708)
Course Outcome:A level in Economics (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.