Cambridge International AS and A Level Computer Science aims to encourage students to comprehend the fundamentals of computer science. While understanding and adapting to the dynamic nature of Computer Science, emphasis will be placed on computer programs and how they operate in a variety of contexts.
Information representation, communication and internet technologies, hardware, software development, and relational database modelling are all topics that will be investigated in great detail throughout the course. Once the fundamental skills are grasped, students will work on programming languages and problem solving through the use of algorithms. As far as this course will enhance analytical and critical thinking, it will also encourage students to think creatively as they will face unique challenges that will encourage them to adapt and create new solutions.
Students will also have the opportunity to investigate the ethical issues that arise from rapidly changing technology.
The predominant aims of the AS and A Level Computer Science course are to enable students to:
- think critically and creatively when dealing with computational problems
- understand the different techniques of problem solving by the use of computers
- acknowledge the concept of subsystems and further subsystems
- develop an understanding of the various computer parts and how they interact with each other, including software, hardware, data, communications and people.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
To be able to participate in our online AS and A level Computer Science courses, students will need:
- a device to connect to our lessons (computer, laptop or a tablet)
- a reliable internet connection
- web camera.
Course material is included in the registration.
Start date: September
Delivery method: Online, real-time classrooms, 24/7 access to learning materials
Duration: 1 academic year
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Course Content: Detailed course content can be found in the syllabus, Cambridge International AS and A level Computer Science (9618)
Course Outcome: A level in Computer Science (Successful completion of the exam is required.)
Assessment Information: The examination fee is not included in the course fee paid to International Well Rounded Education. Students are required to arrange and pay for the examinations themselves, however support and guidance will be available with regards to finding exam centers.
Curriculum is empty
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, we advise students with a grade lower than C in GCSE Biology to keep in mind that this is a demanding course of study.
- A device to connect to our lessons. (Computer, Laptop or a Tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- web camera.
- Course material is included in the registration.